Subject: Re: LightWave 4.0 Delays
From: [email-masked] (Hardin Brett Arvid)
Date: 27 Nov 1994 15:48:18 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

David Ingebretsen ([email-masked]) wrote:
| James Douglas MacLeod ([email-masked]) wrote:

| : I would guess so.  They are not going to ignore the Amigas, but if you 
| : were a toaster user and you used lightwave, and you wanted to buy a new 
| : computer to render, what are you going to buy? Another amiga?  That would 
| : be a waste of money.  I would bet on a lot of amiga users buying the PC 
| : version for rendering and well, everything.

| You have a right to your opinion but an Amiga purchase is not necessarily
| a waste.  My company has too much invested in Amiga hardware and software
| to dump it and migrate to other hardware. In fact, we are looking for
| another Amiga to help in rendering at this time. And if we were to
| migrate, we would go with a DEC Alpha or some such over a PC. MUCH, MUCH
| faster than a Pentium and the prices are becomming more affordable
| (besides, it doesn't have a bug in its FPU :) ). 

| I hope it is. I also hope that NewTek isn't too quick to abandon its Amiga
| user base. There will be many of them (us) for some time to come
| regardless of what happens to the Amiga technology. 

Now this is the proper attitude to have - way to go!   

anybody who thinks that the AMIGA is a waste of time has the wrong
attitude and is in a very large way contributing to the failure of the
AMIGA.

AS far as Newtek and the rumor about them dropping support for the
AMIGA, well all we have to do about that is all of us, every last one of
us - call their BBS - 1 913 271 9299, and let them know that you plan on
keeping your amiga for a long time to come, and that you would be VERY
dissapointed if they decided to stop supporting it. Any company that
receives 15 000 messages/phone calls about any given topic will see
things in a different light guaranteed.

The only thing I can think of that might give them a reason to drop
support is the lack of loyalty to any given platform, if they think that
no one will buy the product then they have every right to give up on
that product - if we show'em that we are not ready to give up - what
choice do they have, but to go where the $$$ are ( now thats a run on
sentence).

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brett Hardin            | Remember:
University of Alberta   | A straight line may be the SHORTEST distance 
Engineering             | between two points, but it is by NO means  
Edmonton, Alberta       | the most interesting!
Canada                  |          
---------------------------------------------------------------------------